Monday 25 July 2011

Weekend cooking adventures: the big purple Fail.

I've been wanting to try this yummy blueberry cream cheese frosting recipe on some vanilla cupcakes for a while. Now, I'm not a big cupcake maker because we're not really sweet-tooth's at my place.  So this was adventurous for me even though it sounded easy enough...


They look SO good!

But OOPS! ... Mine are a sad, smooshy pink mess!


Make me feel better... tell me, what's your worst cooking disaster?

Meanwhile... whipped up some yummy homemade lemonade!  Doesn't really warm the winter chill but all that vitamin C is good for the immune system.



Haven't made lemonade before?  So easy to do!

Boil a cup of sugar and a cup of water in a saucepan til all dissolved.  Squeeze your lemons into a pitcher (about a half dozen for a litre).  Let the sugar-water cool and add, topping the jug with ice cold water and give it a good stir.  Pop in some slices of fresh lemon and ice cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment